Pour éditer le wiki, il faut demander un compte à un Lapin !
A project to create a LED display to be put in the room, allowing people from IRC or other sources to send messages to the people inside.
IRC bot that activates a rotating light (Gyrophare) when someone types a message in IRC. This can be useful e.g. in case people are waiting outside the door. A message can be optionally embedded in the message and displayed on the display.
Currently working on the project:
- Implement a Blinkenlights compliant device as display
- Use an Arduino (with Ethernet shield) to drive the LED panel
- Resolution of the panel between 48x8 and 64x16
- Monochrome LEDs
- The display, including LED matrix, will be built from scratch
- Should be modular in some way: the input might come from other sources (Twitter, SMS, hidden button near the entrance, ...), and the output might go to other signals (recorded message through MPD for instance <AOL voice>You've got visitors!</AOL voice>).
- Should the display be reachable over IPv6?
- Does the IRC bot run from the Arduino itself?
- Yes it can !
- 20Ko are needed to do the minimal job (connecting, registering, etc...) using Arduino APIs (32Ko are available on the Uno)
- We can free up to 2Ko by disabling Serial outputs (used for debugging)
- Discover how much flash/RAM is needed for a Blinkenlights implementation on an Arduino UNO (the_nihilant)
- Discover how much flash/RAM is needed for the implementation of an IRC bot on an Arduino UNO (CapsLock)
- LED display
- Rotating light (Gyrophare)
- Controller for the display and light
- Somewhere to run the IRC bot on (on the Arduino itself or on another system, maybe another Arduino or a RaspberryPi or any computer in the room or outside, provided the panel is reachable from there
- IRC bot (standalone or Arduino)
- Display driver (Arduino)